Installation / Maintanence
FOUNTAIN SERVICE & INSTALLATION
Absolute offers full fountain services for exisiting fountains. We can also service fountains that were not installed or manufactured by Absolute.
Fountain Service Includes: Cleaning, pump cleaning + service, touching-up, and re-leveling if fountain has been moved. Our courteous service team will meet and exceed your expectations!
Call or e-mail us for pricing and more details at:
- You need to prepare a concrete pad or another solid surface (brick, pavers, compacted crushed gravel, etc) for your fountain in a size appropriate for the fountain you chose.
- You need an outdoor grounded GFCI outlet ready to plug in your pump.
- You do not need to attach a water source to your fountain as Absolute fountains use recirculating pumps.
- Fountains use very little electricity, about the same amount of energy as a 50 Watt light bulb.
- Most fountains have no interlocking component parts. The parts are held together by gravity only. Most fountains are very heavy, making them safe and sturdy.
- Gluing or cementing the component parts together is not usually recommended. The fountain may need to be dismantled to replace the pump, hardware or to move the fountain to another location.
- Excessive weight or pressure on the fountain may case it to fall. Keep children, pets and others from climbing, sitting, or leaning on the fountain and its components.
HOW TO MAINTAIN FOUNTAINS
- All Absolute items should be handled with care. Keep the water level in your fountain filled to the rim or your fountain could develop a crack. Do not fill your fountain with cold water when the fountain is hot to the touch. Cold water in a hot fountain can shock the concrete and make it crack. Fill your fountain bowls in the early morning or in the evening when your fountain has cooled down.
- Never let your fountain run dry or your pump will be damaged. A pump that has run dry for an excessive amount of time will not be covered by our warranty.
- During the winter, protect your fountain from harsh or freezing weather by draining the fountain and covering it with a weather proof tarp, or dismantle it and store it indoors. This will also protect your fountain from cracks.
- Keep your bowls clear of leaves and debris so that the water pump does not get clogged. Cleaning the filter of the water pump often keeps the pump working longer.
- If the fountain develops algae or build up, drain the water from the fountain and with a brush scrub off and rinse the build up from the surface. Try not to scrub too hard or vigorously, and do not use bleach. Doing so may cause the finish to come off.
- To prevent algae build up, use an algae reducer solution, such as Fountec, to reduce any build up.
- Any white residue (white scale, lime scale, calcium buildup, or efflorescence) that builds up on the fountain should be removed immediately. This buildup is normal and unavoidable in areas with a high mineral content in the local water supply. The best way to remove any white residue would be to gently scrub a mixture of Protec or (CrystalClear-SubLime) and water along the surface of the fountain. A mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water will also work and removing any white residue.
- Failure to remove any white residue will stain and/or damage the fountain. Absolute’s warranty DOES NOT cover damage from white scale, lime scale, calcium buildup, or efflorescence.
- DO NOT PUT CHLORINE IN YOUR FOUNTAIN. CHLORINE WILL DAMAGE THE PUMP AND DISCOLOR THE CONCRETE. FOUNTAIN AND PUMP DAMAGE DUE TO CHLORINE WILL NOT BE COVERED BY OUR WARRANTY.
- Place fountains on a flat, solid base. Examples include: a concrete foundation, compacted gravel, or paver stones. Fountains need to be on a level surface to operate correctly.
- You need to have electrical outlet in close range to the location of the fountain. Absolute pumps have a three prong plug and the cord length is usually 12 ft long, so the outlet needs to be fairly close. Fountain pumps should only be plugged into a GFCI protected, outdoor outlet.
- Most fountains have no interlocking component parts. The component parts are held together by gravity only. Gluing or cementing the component parts together is not recommended. The parts may need to be dismantled to replace the pump, hardware, or to move the fountain to another location.
- Excessive weight or pressure on the fountain may cause it to fall. KEEP CHILDREN AND OTHERS FROM CLIMBING, SITTING OR LEANING ON THE FOUNTAIN AND ITS COMPONENTS.
If you have any more questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.